Software Development Manager
OneSavings BankFull time Full day
OSB Group is a leading specialist mortgage lender, primarily focused on carefully selected segments of the mortgage market. Our specialist lending is supported by our Kent Reliance and Charter Savings Bank retail savings franchises. Diversification of funding is provided by sophisticated securitisation platforms. OSB's unique cost-efficient operating model is supported by our wholly-owned subsidiary OSBIndia.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to plan, direct and coordinate all activities related to creating and maintaining solutions to meet customer and business requirements, while ensuring the team can work as efficiently as possible. You will work closely with our Project, Operations, Testing and Architecture teams to provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design related to the development of enterprise solutions. In addition to the hands on development that will be required for this role, a focus on continual improvement will be given to review and improve ways of working, standards, identifying and removing technical debt, and mitigating Key Person Dependencies to ensure high levels of delivery, quality, security and performance are consistently met.
Your responsibilities will include
- Manage all activities of the development team, enabling them to work as efficiently as possible by providing the appropriate processes, training, skills and leadership.
- Provide technical recommendations and solutions to achieve objectives.
- Part own development frameworks, processes and standards, covering all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ensure appropriate procedures and processes are followed.
- Design and lead the end to end implementation of solutions from business requirements to custom developed solutions.
- Provide consulting support to application architects and project stakeholders to ensure the project is aligned with the overall business requirements.
- Provide leadership for Developers in the UK and India.
- Estimation of development activities.
- Manage resource allocation.
- Ensure appropriate level of support and documentation is achieved.
- Actively support customer-facing teams ensuring that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that you and your team fully understand and comply with the organisation's Risk Management Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do.
- Ensure that you and your team fully understand and comply with the organisation's Data Governance Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you treat data as an important corporate asset which must be protected and managed.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment.
- Ensure that the appropriate career development and training plans are in place to support the teams.
- As nominated Risk Champion for your function, work alongside the Risk function in developing and maintaining a risk management agenda, acting both to ensure the necessary levels of transparency for potential risks and promoting a positive culture of awareness and accountability throughout your function.
- Travelling between the Wolverhampton and Chatham sites as and when required
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience and knowledge set out below:
- Previous experience in software development over a range of technologies (including C#, Microsoft and open source technology stacks) is essential.
- Previous Line Management experience is essential.
- Solid experience of Solution Design leveraging modern design practices and patterns, for example micro services is essential
- Solid experience setting up standards and practices to support the development life cycle is essential.
- Solid experience using a variety of techniques and tools (Development, Team/ Task Management, Source control, CI/ CD Quality Management) to manage and support the development team and processes is essential.
- Knowledge of cloud services is essential.
- Solid knowledge of the standards and practices required to support the development life cycle is essential.
- Robust knowledge of Software Development principles over a range of technologies is essential.
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume