Painter and Decorator Apprentice
EquansFull time Full day
Domaine : Stagiaires et alternants/Autres
Type d'emploi : Standard
Temps de travail : Full-Time
Equans is looking for a Painter and Decorator Apprentice to join our team in Portsmouth Queen Alendra Hospital. This is a full time apprentice role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
To support the Projects Team in providing a painting & decorating maintenance service within the hospital Interpreting and working from all instructions, drawings, and specifications appropriate to trade.
What will you deliver?
- To prepare all existing surfaces for decoration.
- To carry out duties independently without routine supervision and plan own schedule of work.
- To carry out jointing to stud walling, to hang all types of wallpaper and apply all types of paints and varnishes to a variety of surfaces.
- To work in areas occupied by patients, public and staff, having regard for the Health & Safety of occupants within that area.
- To work with tools and equipment in difficult working environment.
- To work with other building trades as required.
- To work safely with equipment, at heights and in all areas of a busy hospital.
- To paint finished stud walling, including priming of surfaces.
- To fix free issue items such as towel holders disabled rails, etc.
- To specify stores and equipment required for the task in hand.
- To undertake training relevant to the job as required by management.
- To observe statutory and other regulatory requirements.
- To professionally supervise apprentice/trainee if required.
- To carry out other such reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post as may be determined by the Project Team Management (specifically the Small Works Manager & Head of Projects)
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package, which includes;
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 1 times annual salary
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- 2 corporate social responsibility days per year
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
- Attractive Employee Referral Rewards Scheme
- Access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Persons Network) and our Disability Network
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
Who are we looking for?
- GCSE Grade A – C or equivalent
- Good Health & Safety ethos.
- Knowledge of Portsmouth Hospitals
This role includes a DBS Standard check therefore ability to pass is essential.
Who are we?
Equans is a world leader in energy services with nearly 100,000 employees working in more than 50 countries, with an annual turnover of over 17 billion euros.
In the UK & Ireland, Equans is a provider of technical, FM, regeneration and energy services – with specialist capabilities in smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
Equans’ 13,500 UK & Ireland employees combine these activities to help businesses, public sector organisations and government to embrace the energy transition towards net zero, and also the digital & industrial transitions that are redesigning the way we move, work and live.
Equans is a Bouygues group company.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply, and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
At Equans we’re committed to delivering a culture where everyone’s voice is heard and supported. We know the value a diverse workforce creates, delivering better results for our people, customers, and stakeholders. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do, should you join Equans you’ll find a welcoming and open workplace where you’re supported and encouraged to be your true self at work. You’ll also have access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Professionals Network) and our Disability Network.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a re-location package with this job role. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The Equans Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to Equans Managers.
Postuler pour cette offre d'emploi
Lieu de travail : Portsmouth Hampshire United Kingdom
Itinéraire dans Google Maps
Postuler pour cette offre d'emploi