United ResponseFull time Full day
Do you want a role with variety?
Do you want to make a difference to people's lives?
We are currently looking for dedicated and compassionate individuals to join one of our busy residential care services in Ipswich. Our mission is to help individuals make life happen, and our Support Workers are a key part of that aim.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with daily chores such as cooking and cleaning
- Promoting independence amongst the people we support
- Personal care
- Dealing with complex needs
- Liaise with other agencies and families
To be a successful Support Worker you should be a kind and compassionate individual with a genuine desire to help people. You should have the ability to use your initiative to ensure that the individuals we support are able to do the things they love where possible.
We expect our Support Workers to combine this ability to adapt with a bright personality and a sense of humour.
In return for your dedication as a Support Worker you will receive:
- £10.40 per hour
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
Successful applicants will be subject to a full DBS check.