Senior Analyst - Remote (East or Central Region, US)
MandiantFull time Full day
Company DescriptionSince 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
If you have a strong background in cyber threat research and analysis and are looking to be at the forefront of technical threat intelligence tracking, then we want to hear from you! The successful candidate should be an independent, critical thinker, skilled in using data to solve analytic problems and adept at satisfying intelligence requirements under tight deadlines. This role supports Mandiant’s Advanced Intelligence Access (AIA) program. The AIA program enables customers, via a remote Senior Analyst, access to the totality of Mandiant’s Threat Intelligence, to include raw data. Each Senior Analyst ensures the delivery of actionable intelligence to each customer’s security or operational environments in order to drive decision making and decisive action. The Senior Analyst also acts as a conduit to Mandiant’s extensive datasets, advanced tools, and regional & functional expertise.
What you will do:
- Evaluate current and emerging tools and best-practices for tracking advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attacker’s motivations, industry and attacker trends
- Perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats
- Correlate intelligence, to develop deeper understandings of tracked threat activity
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups, the methodologies they use, and the motivations behind their activity
- Work with customers to determine their cyber threat intelligence (CTI) needs and requirements
- Partner with client’s CTI team to build out program and processes
- Collaborate with the client’s SOC team to support tactical requirements
- Convey both verbally and in writing the importance of findings for a variety of audiences
- Prepare and deliver briefings and reports to the client’s executives, security team, or fellow analysts
- Ability to work with little direct oversight
- 5 + years of experience in an analytical role (network forensics analyst, intelligence threat analyst, or security engineer/ consultant)
- 5 + years working in a customer-facing environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of internal audiences including senior executives
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven track record of successfully managing and supporting short term and long-term projects
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Ability to set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships
- Experience in evaluating host and network forensic reports of electronic media, packet capture, log data analysis, malware triage and network devices in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise level information security operations
- Excellent knowledge of adversarial cyber actors, including tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including Windows, Linux, Network architecture / implementation / configuration
- Experience conducting analysis of firewall technologies, proxy technologies, anti-virus, or spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS)
- Experience in working with threat modeling systems
- Experience utilizing open-source tools for analysis
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Malware/security experience and experience with end point security solutions, highly desired
- Experience working in a investigative or incident response environment
- Program management or business experience
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located within the Central or East region of the US.