Geotechnical Construction Project Manager (Houston Area)
Schnabel Geostructural Design & ConstructionFull time Full day
Schnabel Geostructural Design & Construction was founded in 1959 in Washington D.C. by Harry V. Schnabel Jr.
His commitment to innovation and operational efficiency was driven by an intuitive understanding of what clients valued most... getting out of the ground to street level as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible!
Over 60 years later, Schnabel has grown from a single office in Washington D.C. to include eight offices nationwide and employ over 40 professional engineers who bid, design, and manage our solution driven construction projects.
Project Managers manage the construction and design of geotechnical construction projects in compliance with the plans, specifications and Schnabel's company standards.
- Manage all aspects of construction projects and be accountable for project schedule and financial performance
- Work with the foreman to facilitate recruiting, hiring, and training of project personnel as required to meet project goals
- Ensure construction logs, test reports and other documentation is collected and maintained
- Inspect projects to monitor compliance with the plans and safety policies
- Maintain invoicing and timely collections
- Cooperate and coordinate with design team for revisions as required through project completion
- Accurately provide revenue and profit projections each month and report quantities each week
- Maintain a safe workplace and comply with OSHA and Schnabel safety requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers
- Identify and implement improvements to processes, procedures, products, or equipment
- Participate in regional planning and initiatives as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent degree and experience
- At least 3 years of prior geotechnical or heavy civil construction experience
- Ability to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, negotiating and conflict resolution skill
Schnabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel participates with EVerify.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.