Accounts & Tax Manager
TPF RecruitmentFull time Full day
This is a fantastic opportunity for a general practice Accounts & Tax Manager to join a highly reputable firm of chartered accountants in Chatham, who are looking for a general practice Manager to join them with potential to become a Partner in the future. There are very clear and realistic progression prospects on offer with this fantastic practice. You will join at Manager, or Senior Manager level with a clear progression path in place based on your experience and aspirations. This is a rare and really exciting opportunity in Medway, Kent!
As part of this position, you will work closely with the Partners and be responsible for your own personal portfolio, and over seeing the work of a small team. Your work will be focused on general practice accounts & tax services to a range of sole traders, partnerships and ltd companies, predominately focused on owner managed businesses with turnovers up to £30m.
Our client operates a modern and friendly working environment, where they priorities work life balance, and have a strong staff retention rate as a consequence.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing your own client portfolio of sole traders, partnerships and ltd companies.
- Oversee and reviewing production of company accounts, financial statements, corporation tax and personal tax.
- Building strong relationships across all teams and managers.
- Liaising regularly with clients to ensure strong and trusted partnership.
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery.
- Working with the partners to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Opportunity to get involved in business development/ marketing as necessary.
- Opportunity to get involved with audit work, if of interest.
- Preferably qualified ACA/ACCA or by experience.
- 5-10+ years experience within an accountancy practice experience.
- Experience preparing accounts and tax returns.
- Experience of QuickBooks, Xero or Sage would be advantageous.
- £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch to discuss this opportunity and similar vacancies in more detail.
Refer a friend..
We’re keen to remain the leading provider of the best accountancy talent in the South East. We are continually exploring ways to expand our network and we know that great candidates like you can introduce us to other equally brilliant people. We’re looking to work with the best accountancy practice and tax staff in the South East so if your friends, family or colleagues are considering a new opportunity and can demonstrate relevant experience, we'd love to speak to them.
For every candidate you refer and we subsequently place into a permanent position, we will give you £200 of Love2Shop vouchers. (Terms & Conditions apply).
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.