Class 2 Driver
Berry RecruitmentFull time Full day
Our client, a small local pallet distribution depot based in CM16, are looking for permanent Class 2 drivers to multi drop within 20 miles of their depot.
The successful candidate will be physically fit, reliable and take pride in their work.
The work will involve:
- Ensuring deliveries are made in a safe and timely manner.
- Pre and post vehicle checks, making sure loads are safely secured
- Dealing with customers and issues that may arise throughout the day.
- Responsibility for delivery via electronic device.
- Manuel handling maybe required, although deliveries are to kerb side via powered pump trucks.
The following experience / skills would also be an advantage, but would not be critical.
- Previous employment within a pallet network depot,
- Warehousing or loading experience,
- Routing or office administration experience.
The pay rate for this role is £35,000pa. With overtime up to £38,000pa and additional bonuses.
Once the probation period is completed you would then be eligible for the three profit and performance related bonuses over the course of the year that the company offer.
The working week is 48 hours, Monday to Friday with start times between 0600 and 0800. Overtime is paid at time and a quarter.
Regular Overtime is available and possible Saturday working 1 in 6 weeks.
You will need to have a Full UK driving licence with the correct category on it as well as a CPC and Digi Tacho card.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.