taylorollinson LtdFull time Full day
Molecular Biology Scientist - Gene Editing
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Salary: £27,000 - £28,000
Positions available: 2
Our client is an innovative biotechnology company based outside of the centre of Cambridge. They have built a platform to synthesis DNA which provides exciting possibilities for ensuring cheaper, faster and more accurate DNA / gene constructs than traditional plasmid-based methods. In a key phase of their growth, our client is looking to onboard 2 experienced Scientists in the field of molecular biology and gene editing (bacterial or mammalian) on a full-time and permanent basis.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Scientist who has a strong background in gene editing in a range of either mammalian or bacterial cell types. If you are looking for the next step in their career then this opportunity could be for you. As a Scientist within the molecular biology team you will be responsible for:
- Editing of various genes in mammalian or bacterial cell lines using various gene editing techniques.
- Use of techniques including: gene knock-in, gene knock-out, DNA cloning, primer design, PCR, flow cytometry, plasmid purification, transformation
- Plan, refine and execute experiments which align with overall project plans.
- Work individually and collaboratively within the R&D teams.
- Play an active role in departmental meetings and development meetings.
- Keep a comprehensive and up-to-date record of experiments and data/results
Skills and Experience Needed
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- BSc/MSc in a biological discipline + industry experience in gene editing / general molecular biology.
- Expertise in several of the following molecular biology techniques (primer design, transfection, bacterial cell culture (E.coli), mammalian cell culture, plasmid amplification, DNA cloning, gene knock-out/in techniques, PCR, flow cytometry etc) (essential)
- Experience in gene editing techniques (essential)
- Experience in Primer and Sequence Design (desired)
- Experience in DNA assembly i.e Golden Gate and Gibson (desired)
- Prior experience in iPSC handling (desired)
- Experience in troubleshooting and developing laboratory protocols (desired)
- Excellent communication skills (essential)
As an up-and-coming Cambridge Biotech, our client is able to offer a competitive salary, progression options and benefits package including private pension and private health insurance.