Business Development Manager STS
Critical SoftwareFull time Full day
Do you have experience as a business development manager, account manager or in a similar sales role for bespoke software solutions?
If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
Working for us is like nothing on earth!
Every day, our teams challenge the limits of human achievement, engineering solutions for our planet and beyond.
We're looking for a talented Business Development Manager for our Smart Technology Solutions division due to our growth in the Utilities market. As a company we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality and premium value to our customers. The ideal person for this role will be a practical, disciplined and organised individual, able to work independently and efficiently on their own leads and accounts.
In return you'll be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package of up to £80,000 plus OTE, which is offered depending on skills and experience, along with an extensive benefits package and a flexible working scheme.
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of the marketplace, attending relevant networking, events and activities which result in lead generation and sales.
- Generating sales from new customers and accounts through:
- Researching and identifying new contacts and leads.
- Developing business development plans and market propositions.
- Networking and utilising social media e.g. LinkedIn.
Attending virtual and physical events to create leads and opportunities.
- Following up new business opportunities and leads, developing strong, new relationships, producing compelling propositions and closing deals.
- Planning, preparing and giving presentations and capability demonstrations.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 4 years' experience in business development / pre-sales of bespoke software development and related services.
- Strategic account management experience, with an ability to understand and develop deals from a financial perspective too
- Consultative style, keen and comfortable in developing relationships and networking independently, whilst also able to help peers in their team.
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to clearly articulate technical requirements and determining how they can be addressed with software services, systems, and solutions.
- Commitment to embark upon regular EU travel and occasional wider travel outside EU.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience and knowledge of Energy/Water/Utilities sector.
- Experience of managing software projects.
- Risk, finance and budget management.
- Additional language skills, especially German and/or Portuguese.
- Contract management experience and negotiating skills.
- Full Driving license.
- Own car.
- Current and valid passport.
The company does carry out work in the area of critical national infrastructure and so ideal candidates would be eligible to be security cleared.