Customer Success Specialist
OpenreachFull time Full day
Job function : Engineering operations
Main location : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Other Locations : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-Ipswich
Schedule : Full-time
Working pattern : Standard
Salary : Competitive with great benefits
Closing date : Oct 17, 2021, 5:59:00 PM
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at Openreach, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at Openreach. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
We want our customers (Communication Providers) to be successful. We are taking “Customer Success” principles from the software product world and creating a team of technology Customer Success Managers who will work with customers to get the most out of our products.
Using your technology skills, you will be helping our major customers build their system solutions to integrate with Openreach systems. This will enable them to bring products and services to market, that deliver a great customer experience and drive value to their businesses and their customers. You will be seen by our customers as a key partner in technology and innovation. Making our customers successful will drive increased revenue, reduce costs and stop them moving business to alternative network providers
You'll have the following responsibilities
As a Customer Success Manager, you will support the technology account relationship with a major UK telecoms provider. Supported by an outstanding team of technology experts you will help maximise our customer’s use of our products and make them want to continue to use Openreach products and service.
For your customer, you will lead on:
- the technical adoption of Openreach products and services through systems integration projects to ensure customers adopt our products, delivering defined business benefits including an excellent end to end customer experience
- the engagement process with your customers, designing and refining existing processes and owning relevant technical documentation.
- provide technical consultancy to customers to enable them to design and create new automated solutions
- improve the effectiveness of our customers’ existing technology solutions
- exploit digital tools and data insight to improve engagement.
The role holder is responsible for the success of the customer within these key areas:
- Technology engagement with your customer up to director level.
- Ability to drive large scale IT integration projects with external customers
- Recognising opportunities for efficiency and transformation within existing services whilst driving for measurable benefits as part of proposed solutions
- Supporting technical communication and/or workshops to ensure the customer understands Openreach technology strategy and change roadmaps.
- Partnering and collaboration with internal teams to ensure customer needs and resolution with escalated issues.
- Able to switch between proactive and reactive relationship management with your customers
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Customer focused and collaborative partner: has a customer success mindset; a passion for doing what’s right for the customer with the drive to go beyond the status quo to deliver for them; can translate technology concepts into business language
- Good knowledge / experience of Digital technology/development.
- Solution Focused Achiever
- Project Management experience
- Problem solving skills
- Take ownership of customer issues
- Have a thirst for knowledge – rapidly get to know our Products, Customers, Solutions, Stakeholders
- The role will be based in one of our Tech Hub Locations (London/Ipswich), and you will also be required to work on customer sites as needed. You will occasionally be required to work out of hours with prior agreement.
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Openreach Limited runs the nation’s digital network. We play a key role in British society, helping homes, schools, hospitals, broadcasters, government, businesses and more connect to the world.
We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group, and our customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses. And we’re on a mission - to make the country’s digital network services faster, better and more affordable.
Our people are experienced, resourceful and innovative, working on vital projects that help support the nation at work, in learning, on the move, at rest, at play, in emergencies and much more.
So if you’d like to be a part of an exciting organisation that’s making a real difference, why not join us today? You can read more here about working at Openreach.
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!