Lydlynch Infant SchoolPart time Full day
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working and committed Admin Assistant to join our busy office team as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be one of the first faces to greet visitors to the school, to answer queries on the telephone and to be confident about running the school reception. We are therefore looking to appoint somebody who is able to communicate effectively in person and by telephone in a warm and professional manner at all times.
The successful candidate will be also responsible for the day to day management of attendance, school dinners and school visits. The role will also include the management of medicines within school including allergies. The ability to be proactive and prioritise the tasks is necessary in carrying out this role, as no two days are the same so flexibility is also essential.
Ideally, they will already have experience of working in a school office/reception and will be familiar with Microsoft and admin packages, however more importantly we are seeking a candidate who will fit well within our school environment. They will also need to be prepared to actively follow all school safeguarding, child protection and health and safety procedures, whilst being at the heart of our school team.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Friendly and welcoming with a caring nature with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Calm under pressure and able to work with frequent interruptions
- Be well organised and able to multi task whilst dealing with all matters confidentially
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Office 365
- Qualified in Maths and English at GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Monitoring our visitors sign in/out procedure
- Fire evacuation procedure responsibilities
- Distribute post and organisation of outgoing/incoming post couriers & deliveries;
- Provide admin support to school staff where and when necessary
- Maintenance of a safe and clean reception area
- Support Open Events and other school events when necessary
- Use own initiative as well as work as part of a team;
- Be well organised and able to multi task and prioritise calmly under pressure, dealing with all matters confidentially;
If you enjoy working with children and feel this job is for you, we would very much like to hear from you.