Policy & Research Officer
NacroFull time Full day
Job type: Permanent
Hours: 35 (plus 5 hours paid lunch breaks)
Salary: £32,767 (including area weighting) per annum
Location: Devonshire Square London
Do you believe that a good education, a decent job and a safe place to live are what everyone in our society deserves? And that for those who end up in prison, it should be the start of new chance, not a road to nowhere?
These are Nacro’s core beliefs and its why we strive to help as many people as we can through practical and emotional support to give people somewhere to live, skills, a job and connections as well as someone to turn to when life gets tough. And it’s why we use our expertise to campaign to achieve our vision of a society which really does give everyone a chance to succeed.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Nacro as a Policy & Research Officer to help us drive a step change in our policy and influencing work.
You will support the development of Nacro’s policy positions on the criminal justice system, as well as supporting additional policy work in the areas of education and housing, and assist in communicating these to external stakeholders. You will undertake research internally and externally in order to support Nacro campaigns, providing policy and research assistance to the public affairs team.
This new role sits within the External Engagement Directorate and will play an important role in supporting our ambitious plans to create long-term change to improve the lives of the thousands of people struggling in the criminal justice system, failed by mainstream education and struggling to find a home.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and analysing the political and policy environment, particularly across criminal justice policy, to identify trends and opportunities for influencing
- Developing policy positions through working with service users, staff and through research
- Undertaking research and writing policy and research reports as well as responses to Government consultations and inquiries
- Providing policy briefings for the Policy Manager, Director of External Engagement and CEO
- Supporting in other areas of Nacro’s campaigning work such as event planning and management
Please Apply Online
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,767.00 per year
Work Location: Multiple Locations