Wholesale Category Controller
CoopFull time Full day
Wholesale Category Controller - NISA
£41,440 - £63,600 plus benefits (Work Level 5)
Manchester or Scunthorpe
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
Since Nisa was acquired by Co-op in 2018, we’ve focused on combining the best of both organisations to offer something new to independent retailers and commercial wholesalers across the UK. More scale and better product ranges give Nisa partners a real competitive advantage.
We’re looking for category controllers to join us, and make sure that the right product proposition, ranges and promotions are offered to Nisa partners across our wholesale proposition, and that these are then executed effectively, in line with Nisa values and the One Buyer model. We’ll look to you to make sure that all responsibilities related to proposition delivery are maintained for Nisa partners in line with GSCOP and competition laws.
What you’ll do
- select an effective wholesale range and suggest any additional wholesale specific requirements
- drive a culture of continuous improvement; you’ll review and improve ways of working, modernise and work with key partners across the business to embed changes
- influence and input into promotional plans and set these up on our system
- support the setting of WSP (wholesale selling price), working with Co-op buyers to finalise negotiations
- negotiate activation monies with suppliers in line with the One Buyer framework
- work collaboratively with Co-op buyers to make sure they cover the strategic needs of wholesale in all range reviews
- build relationships with partners across the business and suppliers and influence decision making and strategy
- drive strategic and tactical trade activities – e.g. through the creation of loyalty deals and the day to day management of own brand mix
This role would suit people who have
- relevant buying experience or experience of working in a wholesale or retail environment
- a proven track record of delivering results
- the ability to drive continuous improvement and change initiatives
- a strong customer and market focus
- good IT skills and an understanding of all Microsoft applications
- excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- strong influencing skills
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- individual private healthcare
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.